Friday, May 06, 2011

Ocean City Restaurant (Dim Sum)

Jess’ Take:

I love dim sum. The problem is, when you have to blog about it, it’s hard to remember it all. So, I’ll touch on my personal highlights. I’d also like to add that dining with a Dim Sum master, like Wade, makes the experience that much more enjoyable. We left the ordering to him and enjoyed plate after plate of perfectly sleeved deliciousness.

My first highlight of the meal with a dish of fried fish, piled high and generously salted. The batter was light, almost like a tempura batter. I could eat this dish like popcorn, popping piece after piece until it’s all gone and my fingers are glistening in grease. Unfortunately this dish came toward the end of the meal, and I just couldn’t bring myself to keep at it.


My second highlight was a dish of fluffy white buns filled with barbecued pork, otherwise known as Char siu baau. This is usually a highlight for me, and Ocean City did not disappoint. The combo of sweet and salty all wrapped up in a fluffy steamed package just makes me happy.


Fluffy white pork bun at the top of the picture

Another dish I’d like to mention is the lotus leaf rice wrap, which was served with pork. Also a favorite dim sum dish of mine, it usually comes with a flavorful rice and meat wrapped inside the leaf. This dish was pretty good, but not the best I’ve had. The rice got a little too greasy for my liking, and my feeling is that if I’m going to indulge in rice during a meal like this (i.e. one in which I will be gorging myself), it better be damn tasty, like the sweet rice balls served for dessert for example.

After it was all done I left the restaurant feeling very full, but satisfied and happy, just as a dim sum lunch should leave you feeling. Ocean City, you get 3.5 out of a possible 4 fluffy buns from me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home